Choosing the correct lenses for the cctv cameras is very important for providing effective cctv solutions.
Angle of coverage
This is a important feature which describes the angle range that a CCTV camera lens can image.
The average angle of a CCTV camera depends on the focal length of lens and the size of image sensor.
Commonly, the size of CCTV Camera image sensor is 1/3″, or 1/2.5″; the focal length of lens is 2.8mm, 3.6mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 12mm,16mm etc.
CCTV Camera with 1/3″ of image sensor,
- 2.8mm Lens will have 92° angle of coverage 90° of coverage,
- 3.6mm Lens will have 70.9° angle of coverage
- 4mm Lens will have 70° angle of coverage,
- 6mm lens will have about 56.7 °coverage,
- 12mm lens will have about 20° coverage.
Check out : CCTV Lens calculator/Simulator